WHO I AM
We will either find a way or make one. -Hannibal
I have worked with and for nonprofit organizations for over 20 years, beginning my career as an Educator at the Cleveland Museum of Art. Since then, I have held a number of positions in the nonprofit sector including Human Resources Administrator at the Nature Center at Shaker Lakes, Education Director at Young Audiences of Greater Cleveland, and Education Director at Global Issues Resource Center at Cuyahoga Community College. I was also the Executive Director of the Medina County Performing Arts Foundation, a multi-service arts organization in Medina, Ohio. As its administrator I oversaw all aspects of the organization- programmatic, administrative, and financial. I currently serve on the boards of the Medina County Women’s Endowment Fund and Feeding medina County and apply that experience, coupled with my background in nonprofit administration, to help other boards reach their highest potential. I am the owner and principle of Transition Consulting and Coaching, a contracted Senior Career Coach with national firm, Career Curve, and as a contracted Specialized Training Consultant with the Medina County Career Center – Adult Services. I am a former member of Medina Women in Business and also actively involved in a number of local and regional organizations, including Women’s Network Northeast Ohio and Working Women Connection.
I offer a background that includes
- Extensive career history in the nonprofit sector
- Past positions in organizational leadership, human resources, program development, and financial management
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Photography and Painting from the College of Wooster and Master of Arts degree in Art History and Museum Studies from Case Western Reserve University (in conjunction with the Cleveland Museum of Art)
- Assisting a number of regional nonprofit organizations/board of trustees by serving on a variety of advisory, educational and grants review committees; currently serve as a board member and Past President of Medina County Women’s Endowment Fund and as a board member of Feeding Medina County
- Involvement in a number of regional networking groups that have cross-industry reach
- Following the guidelines and Code of Ethics of the International Coaching Federation
My Interest In Coaching
In 2000, I met and worked with Nicole Canter, a Life Coach at the Wellness Center at Cuyahoga Community College, Eastern Campus. Our work together helped me attain a long-time dream of managing my own business and working for myself. In 2007, Nancy Nicholas of Crossroads Coaching approached me about collaborating together. This invitation helped me to realize yet another personal goal, fulfilling a desire to work with individuals, in addition to business clients. Through my professional career and personal coaching experience, I have learned what can be achieved through action goal setting and allowing yourself to be open to the possibilities and exciting paths your life may take. I now provide this type of mentoring to individuals, especially those seeking a more fulfilling career or needing direction or organizational help with their business.
The coaching I provide is as a partner, helping you set specific goals.
From the corner store to the corner office, I can help you create goals and action steps to pursue more meaningful work. Contact me today!